I have used a Stanley Nail gun by Stanley Tools several times for upholstery work. It has worked flawlessly for me and in our review of top staple guns for upholstery work, this brand came top. I have had no issues with it and would recommend it to anyone. In this blog, I’ll review this staple gun giving the features, the good, the bad, how to load, and how to use it.
Let’s review this brand;
Stanley Electric Staple Gun Review
The Stanley Nail Gun is a heavy-duty electric staple/brad nail gun with outstanding driving power. It’s capable of driving 1/2-inch, 9/16 inch and 5/8 inch staples and brads with ease. The tool features an easy-to-use design that requires minimal effort to drive the staples and brads into your materials. This makes it perfect for both professional contractors as well as do-it-yourselfers who are looking for a powerful, fast way to complete their projects.
This is an awesome tool that is great for a variety of applications. I’ve used it in my work and I’ve also used it to build furniture around the house. It has two power settings, so you can use hard materials or soft materials without having to switch out any parts. The Hi setting provides enough power to drive nails into hard wood with ease. The Lo setting gives you enough oomph to drive nails through softer woods like pine, but not as much as the Hi setting. It comes with an 8-foot cord and a depth adjustment guide so you can ensure that your nails are driven to the correct depth every time.
The Stanley Nail Gun is a heavy-duty electric staple / brad nailgun that delivers outstanding driving power with every shot. Whether you’re a professional contractor or a DIY enthusiast, this tool is perfect for any job that requires quick, reliable nailing. With its precision engineering and durable construction, the Stanley Nail Gun is built to last and make your work easier.
- – Heavy-duty construction for durability
- – Outstanding driving power
- – Easy to use design
- – Two power settings for different materials
- – Comes with an 8-foot cord and depth adjustment guide
- Budget-friendly – costs about $30
- You must compress the front while pushing down on it for staples to pierce through the fabric and into the wood. (2 handed operation) If your lines aren’t completely parallel, you may have to pull and redo.
- A bit hefty and cumbersome for people with small hands or frames
- Does not take wide staples
- A bit tricky to load
How to Use Stanley Electric Staple Gun
- 1. Select the correct size staple or brad for your project.
- 2. Insert the fastener into the loading chamber.
- 3. Press down on the safety release to cock the gun.
- 4. Aim the Stanley Nail Gun at your workpiece and pull the trigger to fire a staple or brad.
- 5. Repeat Steps 2-4 until your project is complete.
Safety Tips when Using Stanley Staple Gun
- – Always wear eye protection when using the Stanley Nail Gun.
- – Be sure to keep your fingers away from the firing mechanism when cocking the gun.
- – Never point the nail gun at anyone, even if you think it’s unloaded.
- – Keep the Stanley Nail Gun clean and well-maintained for optimal performance.
How to load Stanley Electric Staple Gun
- Switch off the tool and unplug it from AC power. Make sure it is on Switch off mode.
- Select proper staple length.
- 4Use only staples identified by stock numbers
- Substitute staples may cause jamming.
- Hold tool upside down.
- Drop staples in channel, legs facing upward. Push latch back in to lock in place
Stanley Staple Gun Manual and Specs
You can read more from the Stanley Staple Gun manual here.
|Item Weight||1.41 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||5.9 x 3 x 3.6 inches|
|Item model number||TRE550Z|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||Stanley warrants this product to the original purchaser for its useful life against deficiencies in material and workmanship. This LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY does not cover products that are improperly used, abused, altered or repaired. Deficient products will be replaced or repaired.|
|ASIN Code on Amazon||B000BPSUTM|
|Customer Reviews on Amazon||4.4 out of 5 stars 5,240 ratings|
4.4 out of 5 stars
|Best Sellers Rank on Amazon||#24,990 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement)|
#21 in Power Brad Nailers
|Date First Available||September 14, 2004|
Q: What are the dimensions of this staple gun?
A: The Stanley Nail Gun is 5.9 inches long, 3 inches wide, and 3.6 inches tall.
Q: What is the warranty on the Stanley Nail Gun?
A: The Stanley Nail Gun comes with a one-year limited warranty.
Q: Does the Stanley Nail Gun come with a case?
A: No, the Stanley Nail Gun does not come with a case.
Q: Is Stanley Nail Gun good for upholstery?
A: Yes, the Stanley Nail Gun is great for upholstery projects. It has enough power to drive staples and brads into even the toughest materials.